Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Updates and a video!

We tried to subtitle the best we could in this video, but even we couldn't figure out everything Brynn said ;)


Brynn Updates:
-She's 22 months old!
-She has come to love some spicy foods, particularly banana peppers and spicy baked lays. She also insisted on tasting a jalapeno pepper when we were having tacos one night and didn't spit it out!
-When she is finished drinking her milk, she will only allow her favorite person of the day to take the cup away from her and will protest if someone else tries.
-It's still all about dinosaurs all day long in our house. I try to offer other shows for her to watch and will even start playing them, and the whole time she'll say, "Watch Dinosaur Train!" The good thing is I can actually stand Dinosaur Train, so I don't mind. She'll also randomly tell you what dinosaur she's thinking about. Her favorites right now are T-Rex (of course), stegosaurus, brachiosaurus
-The mulch will be coming in a couple of days for her swingset! She's really enjoyed it and especially loves being in the fort and has been mostly ignoring the swing as a result.
-She has had a super high energy level lately and is always on the go! She is definitely an outdoorsy girl and always requests to "go outside!"
-She's done great with her big girl bed, even with the big girl bed set up for her in OH. No problems at all!






Adrienne Updates:
-30 weeks, just over two months to go!
-This girl moves almost non-stop and is especially active at bedtime and first thing in the morning.
-We are pretty much set for her arrival (very easy with another girl being born at the same time of year as Brynn) we have a few things left to get to finish up the nursery.
-For those of you asking, there is just ONE baby in there!!
-I've kept my weight gain more in check this time around. I gained ~53 lbs. with Brynn (thankfully it all came off!) and I didn't want to do that again this time. I've gained a very steady 1 pound per week so far and hope to stay that way until the end. I've read a lot more about food and nutrition and feel that has really helped. Also, running after and carrying Brynn around helps too ;)
-I had a craving for ice cream last week, so we went to a local dairy farm. I don't think it was a coincidence that there were three pregnant women there!



Other Updates:
-We had a great visit home to OH this past weekend (Our last one before Adrienne's arrival!) There is a family Memorial Day party at the end of May, but I just wouldn't feel comfortable being away from home and my drs. being only a month away from our due date.
-My cousin, Robyn, got married on Saturday and it was Brynn's first wedding experience! We pictured Ben entertaining her outside during the ceremony, but she was very well-behaved and read and played with toys the whole time. She only shouted out a couple of times ("all done!" "dimorphadon!" "Reptiles!")


Brynn playing with Ben's old dinosaur toys!
Feeding Skeeter some dirt


Our last picture together with all 6 of us for awhile. Congrats to Chris on his new job in CA and good luck to him and Julie on their big move out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment