Brynn Updates:
-Our "baby" will be TWO years old in one month!
-At bedtime when we turn off the lights, she tells us that she is nocturnal.
-It seems she's been using her nap time more for reading quietly with some napping. We always leave her with a couple of books to flip through and then find her with a LOT more when we get her up. Yesterday there were a record 14 books in her bed (along with 4 stuffed animals and her blanket)!
-She's been telling me and Ben that we have "eye shine" (nocturnal animals have it to see at night)- something she learned from Dinosaur Train. Speaking of Dinosaur Train, I did some research and there are finally toys and books coming out in a few months! I think we are more excited than Brynn!
-We discovered that Brynn also likes Dora the Explorer. I enjoy it less than Brynn. Ben likes for her to watch it so she can have a little variety, even though she always still requests Dinosaur Train.
-A few days ago Ben brought her in before she was done playing outside and she was whining/crying and repeating, "Mommy! Mommy!"
-Brynn has been calling her belly Adrienne
-She has been singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star non-stop for a couple weeks now
Adrienne Updates:
-We are at 34 weeks.
-After reviewing the ultrasound findings with the dr., they aren't changing the due date or anything, just saying that Adrienne is a little on the larger than average side, but everything looks great.
-Her room should be complete in the next week or so and I will post pictures then!
-My wedding rings still fit me this late in the game which was not the case with Brynn.
-We went and toured the maternity floor at the hospital where we (I!) will be delivering. It makes me feel better having a mental picture of what the room will look like, Ben knows where to park, etc. before "it's time!"
Other Updates:
-After a little hassle, the swingset is finally mulched! We also put a few new trees in the backyard and my bench that I got for Mother's Day ;) The bench is especially useful right now so Ben can play with Brynn and I can sit!
-Last weekend Ben and my dad spread dirt and planted grass seed around the swingset. We've been watering it every day, and this weekend we have a lot of baby grass. Brynn has been directed on many occasions not to walk in the mud. Sometimes she forgets.
-A few days ago we visited a park near our neighborhood that is less than a half mile from our house as the crow flies. Its small but has a very nice playground and we all definitely enjoyed ourselves. Our neighbors told us that you can reach this park with a short walk through the woods behind our house. Ben has vowed to make that trip when Brynn is old enough to participate though I don't think I'll be participating.
No comments:
Post a Comment