Brynn Updates:
-She is officially signed up for preschool in the fall! We ended up getting the last AM opening they had which was the time slot I preferred.
-About a week ago, she woke up from her usual 11 hours of sleep at night and had a completely dry diaper for the first time overnight! She's completely potty trained during the day, and has dry diapers 90% of the time during naps, but apparently "night training" is a whole other ball game, so we'll see how she continues to do. (She actually woke up dry this morning for the 2nd time!)
-She receives her very own magazine in the mail and this latest issue had a poem about brushing your teeth. She then saw Elmo brushing his teeth too. She now brushes her teeth every time we are upstairs and walk past her bathroom. Even if she sees us brushing our teeth, she'll bring her step stool and toothbrush to our bathroom and brush her teeth again. My mom and Aunt Angie (both dental hygienists) will be so proud!
-Every time she goes to the potty, she can't just go empty-handed. She will bring a book, toy, puzzle or all of the above along with her.
-This girl is the queen of asking questions these days. For example, she simply saw a dog while we were leaving our neighborhood to run errands. This lead to: "Is that a dog? Is he running? Is he running fast? Did he go inside? Is he in his yard? Is he hiding? Does he have a bone? Does he have a stick? Is he eating the stick? Is the stick in a bowl? Is the tongue in his mouth? Is it pink? " etc., etc. Keep in mind those were all asked in a three minute time span. After a minute, Ben tried ignoring the questions (I couldn't speak because I was laughing so hard) and she continued asking until someone answered her.
Adrienne Updates:
-Big girl started cruising down the couch on Valentine's Day.
-She still crawls everywhere and pulls up on everything. Unfortunately this has lead to many falls and bumps on the head, but she gets over it really quickly and is right back on her way.
-She's still our little squealer, but a lot of the squeals have been replaced with cute babble.
-We call her our little Maggie Simpson with how much she has come to love her pacifier. She never fusses if we take it away, but anytime she sees one, she'll immediately crawl to it and "pop!" Right in her mouth!
-She has become a great little sleeper lately. I haven't had to get out of bed in the middle of the night in over a month now. We do hear her on occasion every few nights, but she settles herself back to sleep (probably with her precious paci) within a few minutes. I'm so happy she has finally learned this important skill!
Other Updates:
-On a whim this weekend, we ( I! ) decided to redo our guest bedroom. Living closer to our family, we frequently have guests and it was very important to us (me) to finally make this change! The bedding was my old bedding that I had before Ben and I were even engaged, and was much too dark with the dark furniture for such a small room. Anyways we found bedding while we were out Saturday morning, I had the paint color picked out that afternoon, and the room was painted that evening! Thank you, Ben, for playing with the girls all day so I could follow through with my crazy idea! We really love how it turned out. Brynn told us that it "looked better" and was "amazing." I'll post pics a little later. I still have to hang the window treatments, get some new lamps and finalize a couple of things.
-Last week we were supposed to get quite a bit of rain. I guess it got too cold and turned in to all that snow! Ben's work has a weather hotline to call for snow and he ended up having a 2-hour delay that morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment