Monday, September 20, 2010

September Updates!







Brynn Updates:
-She's been an excellent potty-trainer and we are very proud of her and how quickly she picked it up! We started having accident free days four days into the whole process. It's been a few weeks now, and we've maybe only had 4 accidents that I can recall since then. She's even starting to tell us that she needs to go instead of us suggesting (but we still suggest it frequently). Now we just need to work on getting her to go on the BIG potty which she has not been interested in yet. (Honestly this is all I can think to put about Brynn right now. The potty has been taking up a lot of our time this month!)



Adrienne Updates:
-3 Months old already if you can believe it! It's going so fast, which I'm kind of happy about at this stage. I enjoy watching the daily changes happen, but it's definitely getting easier everyday. She's really starting to entertain herself and is content to lie on the floor with her toys while we enjoy a quiet meal together. In a little over a month, she'll be in her own high chair eating (baby cereal) right along with us at the table!
-This girl still loves her sleep and has been more consistently sleeping through the night and occasionally taking 3 hour naps during the day. She, like Brynn, is really not much of a napper, so I'll take those breaks whenever I can!
-She is so close to rolling over from back to belly. She's so strong and I always look over and she'll be over halfway there, but her arm gets stuck in the way.


Other Updates:
-A very big congratulations to Ben's brother Chris and his new wife, Audrey! We are so happy to have another Mrs. Darland in the family! Ben traveled out to CA for the wedding and festivities last weekend and the girls and I stayed home with my parents coming to help. Ben had an eventful time flying to and from CA and we had an eventful time here with two extended power outages! I think it's safe to say we are both happy the weekend is finally over. Ben even took an extra vacation day today for us to get the house back in order, recoup, and spend some family time together.
-Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary to my parents! Married since September 27, 1975!
-Ben finally planted his "baby" maple trees. They started out as little leaves growing in our yard and he planted them in pots around the time Adrienne was born, and just planted two in our backyard. It will be so much fun when Adrienne grows up if the trees survive to tell her that they are as old as she is!
Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment