Brynn Updates:
-We are especially having to keep things out of her reach now. On one occasion I went to get her up from a nap and her dresser drawers were emptied, along with her entire barrette/hair band collection dumped out all over her bed. A couple days after that, she was able to reach the newly restocked baby wipe box and once again I go to get her up and every single wipe was out of the box, pulled apart, and all over her bed. Nice.
-She loves to take car rides and will tell us when she wants to do so. Ben took her request literally and was going to run an errand with her, tried to put her in her car seat and she threw an absolute fit. What she really wanted was just to play in the car, which Daddy's been letting her do from time to time. She loves pushing buttons and playing with the steering wheel!
-The time has finally come... Dinosaur Train toys are now in stores!!! She received a few as belated birthday gifts and absolutely loves them. They have books, talking toys, and your standard plastic figurines. The first day she got them, she even turned down outside time (which she never does, the girl would always be outside if we let her) and stayed at the kitchen table for about an hour playing with the toys!
-Brynn and Ben were invited to swim in our neighbor's new pool last weekend. I found her a water-wings/vest combo at target and it seems to have worked well for her. Brynn had a blast in the pool, which is good because you never know how new things like that can turn out! Technically she visited the pool in Charleston a few times but I doubt that she remembers it.
-2-Month Stats: Weight- 13 lbs. 1 oz. (95th %tile) Height- 23.5" (88th %tile) Head- 40 cm (81st %tile) Big girl! She got a great review at her checkup and showed off how strong her neck is to the doctor. She did great with her shots and only cried while she was getting them and got over it after about 30 seconds. Brynn was so kind as to hand the nurse the bandaids one by one to put over the shots.
-She's definitely lost her newborn look and is starting to look like an older baby.
-She's already outgrown her 3-month clothes and I've had to get out the 6-month outfits already!
-We get lots of smiles now and she's really starting to "talk" and interact with us. Lots of "g" and "o" sounds.
-She's been sleeping through the night every few nights and still only gets up once for a short period on the nights in between.
Other Updates:
-We've had plenty of visitors recently and it's always nice to have extra sets of hands around with Brynn and Adrienne (I can actually run to the restroom when I need to, throw in a load of laundry, etc.!) Having people visit has been nice, but we're finally planning a trip home soon ;)
-I think Ben did his final outdoor project for the summer last weekend and stained the deck with my dad's help. Don't underestimate how long it takes to paint those balusters- quite a few hours!
I laughed so hard at the sour patch kids and the mouse! I know you will also treasure the videos of Adrienne. She is growing so quickly: I remember when Brynn was her age!
ReplyDelete